This course is currently closed
Safeguarding means protecting the health, well-being and human rights of individuals, which allow people, especially children, young people and vulnerable adults, to live free from abuse, harm and neglect.
This course covers the principles and best practice associated with Safeguarding. It will involve a mix of key information, reference materials and a knowledge quiz.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify children and adult safeguarding learning agendas
- State legislative frameworks and the role of professionals in them
- Recognise factors that can impact the vulnerability of a family and their ability to safeguard themselves and their children
- Understand complete lifestyle choices and their effect on families
- Identify risk factors and needs of vulnerable adults and children
- List effective multi-agency working when safeguarding concerns are raised for either adults or children